Browse by Author’s
To search for a title, use the search box at the top right of the page.
Nearly every publication on American furniture, especially those on early American furniture, mentions objects from Massachusetts, by virtue of the age of the state and its importance in the world of furniture since the seventeenth century. The following list is therefore of necessity selective.
Bibliography for O
- Old Colony Furniture Company. A Collection of Fine Period Furniture. Boston and New York: Old Colony Furniture Company, .
- Ormsbee, Thomas Hamilton. Early American Furniture Makers. New York: Thomas Y. Crowell, 1930.
- Ormsbee, Thomas Hamilton. “A New Boston Worker Identified.” American Collector 1 (December 1933): 1.
- Ostergard, Derek E., ed. Bent Wood and Metal Furniture, 1850-1946. New York: American Federation of Arts, 1987.
- Otto, Celia Jackson. American Furniture of the Nineteenth Century. New York: Viking Press, 1965.
- Owen, Barbara. “Early Organs and Organ Building in Newburyport.” Essex Institute Historical Collections 121, no. 3 (July 1985): 172-95.
- O’Brien, Jack. “A New Bedford Masterpiece.” Antiques 171, no. 5 (May 2007): 138-45.
- O’Brien, Jack. “New Bedford Rising: Two Eighteenth-Century Furniture Finds.” Antiques and Fine Art 9, no. 3 (spring 2009): 180-83.
- O’Gorman, James F. Accomplished in All Departments of Art: Hammatt Billings of Boston, 1818-1874. Amherst: University of Massachusetts Press, 1998.
- O’Gorman, James F. Living Architecture: A Biography of H. H. Richardson. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1997.