Browse by Author’s
To search for a title, use the search box at the top right of the page.
Nearly every publication on American furniture, especially those on early American furniture, mentions objects from Massachusetts, by virtue of the age of the state and its importance in the world of furniture since the seventeenth century. The following list is therefore of necessity selective.
Bibliography for V
- Van Dine, Lynn. “Who Was Peter Hunt?” Yankee Magazine (February 1998): 58-63, 105-7.
- Vandal, Norman. Queen Anne Furniture: History, Design, and Construction. Newtown, Conn.: Taunton Press, 1980.
- Vander Sande, John R., and Marie-Teresa Vander Sande. “Early North Shore Furniture: Connoisseurship and Collecting." In Piscataqua Decorative Arts Society Lecture Series 3 (2007-2009), ed. Joyce Geary Volk and Sandra Rux, 26-32. Portsmouth, N.H.: Piscataqua Decorative Arts Society, 2011.
- Vaughan, Malcolm. “Seventeenth-Century and Queen Anne Furniture in Mrs. Garvan’s Collection.” Antiques 68, no. 6 (December 1955): 550-53.
- Venable, Charles. American Furniture in the Bybee Collection. Austin: University of Texas Press in association with the Dallas Museum of Art, 1989.
- Vincent, Gilbert T. “The Bombé Furniture of Boston.” In Boston Furniture, 137-96.